Job Announcement / Full Time / Monroe County Recreation Sports Coordinator
The Monroe County Board of Commissioners is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Recreation Sports Coordinator. The Recreation Sports Coordinator will be responsible for overall administration of all sports programs. This position will direct a program of athletic events, sports, games, and tournaments; research and identify community athletic interests and needs; and develop a comprehensive athletic program. This position reports to the Recreation Director.
Successful candidates must:
Have knowledge of recreation programs and their management; working knowledge of the rules and regulation of a variety of sports, relevant laws, county codes, polices and procedures, and Georgia Parks and Recreation guidelines.
- Have skill in planning, organizing, scheduling and supervising various recreational activities.
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in written form in a professional manner.
- Directs short and long-range plans/schedules for all sports programs.
- Be proficient in delivering recreation services to a diverse population.
- This position requires the applicant to be available nights and weekends.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or three to five years of relevant experience required.
- Possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License;
- Have a satisfactory motor vehicle record for the past seven (7) years.
- Applicants will be subject to a background check and drug screening.
- Starting salary will be $15.64 per hour.
Applications are available online at www.monroecountygeorgia.com or at the Monroe County Commission Office located on the 3rd floor at 38 West Main Street, Forsyth, Georgia 31029, between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm thru June 2, 2017. Monroe County is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.